PROPOSAL 1: Interim constitution. Proposed by Steve B, Seconded by Mara L, Clare AE and Terri B. The vote on this proposal will occur between 16th Feb 2020 01:00 and 16th Feb 23:00.
the below rules be acquired as interim rules for the upcoming 3 months until April 10th, at which point: any amendments posted here (http://momentumunofficial.freeforums.net/thread/96/selecting-labour-left-omov-slate) will be voted upon (between April 10th and April 15th), followed by a further vote of 100% OMOV group members on the subsequent adoption of the this document as a constitution (between April 15th and April 20th).
The primary purpose of the 100% OMOV group is to generate unified left NEC slates for the NEC nominations in the Labour party.
Until the group administrators announce the group will be a membership group, to join, people must:
1) Specify the constituency in which they live. 2) Confirm that they broadly support Jeremy Corbyn's democratisation agenda and did not publicly oppose Jeremy Corbyn being leader of Labour between Sep 2015 and Dec 2019
Upon the group administrators announcing that the group will become a membership group, to be admitted to the 100% OMOV members only group, all members will be expected to:
3) request membership, 4) pay monthly membership fees of no less than £1 per month and 5) submit a complete set of consents for phone and email and name data to be held and used by admins 6) Specify and demonstrate through documentary evidence that they are in fact a labour party member or suspended member. Or accept "associate member status", as opposed to "full member status" which will be reserved for people who have the expectation of voting in Labour selections of national officers.
7) Elections of 3 admins shall occur every year on January 1st. Self nomination is to be accepted as valid nomination from a member. 8) Elections for the review group will occur every year on 1st January or otherwise when vacancies exist.
9) These rules and purposes shall apply in all WhatsApp groups where the interim or elected chief 100% OMOV administrator is an admin with greater than 20 people in them for more than 60 days, except those marked with a URL in the title or description with a "non 100% OMOV" or "personal" description.
10) Where rooms have less than 50 members they shall be managed and administrated and directed by elected admins from the 100% OMOV WhatsApp group, or, once it has 20 paying members, the 100% OMOV members WhatsApp group. Where rooms have more than 50 members, elected admins will be nominated and elected by the room.
11) Votes will amend this constitution at an online Members meeting notified on the 100% OMOV page and 100% OMOV group at least 30 days before the vote takes place. Before paid membership announcement constitutional amendments will be voted upon by group members only.
12) Group administrators (1 chief executive administrator and 2 assistant executive administrators, forming an executive, each with equal voting rights at a meeting of the executive) will be elected and notified to the membership at an to be held from 2pm to 6pm on new years day each year, always be carried out by 100% STV OMOV with no formal discrimination on the grounds that a person a member of any specific demographic.
13) Where 100% OMOV group members demand it and pass a motion in favour, reasonable demands to eliminate structural accessibility barriers will be removed.
14) when conduct allegedly demonstrating prejudice against a person or people because of their protected characteristics are brought to the attention of administrators, the person must be removed from the chat groups pending a determination of the validity of the claim by the admins. If there is no finding that the allegation is true, then the person will be readmitted after a maximum of 90 days. 15) if found to be violations under these rules these rules alone, then the person will be excluded from participation in all 100%OMOV chat groups. 16) A written explanation of the reason and duration of the initial and any final exclusion shall be provided to the respondent. 17) 100% OMOV 4JC accepts there are differing views on what constitutes prejudice and hostility against people because of their protected characteristics, and advise people disagreeing with the decision to appeal to the review group elected from the 100% OMOV group. These people shall not be admins of the original group and must reach a 2/3 majority in a group of at least 12 people who have no personal connection to the respondent in order to overturn the admin's finding. 18) 100% OMOV explicitly rejects the IHRA fake definition of antisemitism, and the Stonewall mis-definition of transphobia and refer for its definitions of prejudice against a protected characteristic to the Merriam Webster dictionary except where unreasonable to do so, at which point common understanding of meanings of words shall be assessed by optimally scientific surveys of random people in a major British city of not less than 100000 inhabitants. 19) The review group shall provide written reasoning whenever they overturn an admin decision or otherwise a determination that the decision not be overturned. 20) In the event of the same respondent exhibiting prejudice or hostility to the same protected characteristic on a second occasion, the same assessment (and where requested , appeal) will occur and, in the event a second determination of prejudice against a characteristic is found, the respondent will be excluded permanently.
21) Any person found to be disseminating screenshots from the 100% OMOV or 100%OMOV members only group or groups with less than 50 members only shall be excluded for 10 days on the first occasion, 100 days on the second occasion and permanently on the third occasion. Other groups substantially larger than the 100% OMOV group or greater than 50 members shall be assumed to be insecure due to size and this fact shall be included in the group description.